Monday, May 12, 2008

Woman, please get some sleep...

So I'm waiting on Flickr to finish uploading some of my stash pictures that I got at Maryland Sheep and Wool. I'll have to add pics to this post later since it's being stupid.

Maryland was great, in case you were wondering. I drove down Friday after work with Sami, Karen and Brenda. We had a nice semi-uneventful drive down listening to 80's music, knitting and talking. I learned how donated organs get to people in hospitals.

The festival itself was so overwhelming. I've never seen so many people in one place before. I felt like there was about 5 times the amount of people that go to the Big E at any given time. And the yarn! My gosh, I didn't know where to start. I took Sami's and Karen's advice and started at Tess' Designer Yarns. Wow! I loved their stuff. I bought two hanks each of microfiber ribbon and some superwash lace weight merino. I just made one of my merino hanks into a cake at Ola's and it felt so soft in my hands. I really cannot weight to start on Juno with it. I got a nice purple color way. It's a royal color and since Juno is a goddess, it all fits together. I have to admit, I thought of that correlation after the fact...the purple just really caught my eye while standing in line to pay for the ribbon I got. I bought a baby sweater pattern to go with the ribbon but then only realized once I got in the car to go back to the hotel that night that it doesn't have gauge (not like I check it, but still) or finished measurements. They did have a test knit and it was definitely too small to fit my fat, but oh so handsome, nephew so I bought the two hanks instead of one. The pattern is supposed to be a one skeiner. I suppose I should write to them and see if they can be most precise.

I got 5 small skeins of some Koigu mill ends in various blue colorways. I'm thinking of making some generic fingerless mitts with them since none are the same dye lot. They will stripey and wonderful and I hope to get started and be done with them by the winter. I don't know if I will have enough time though. How sad is that?

Ooh, I also got 1 skein of Socks that Rock medium weight superwash merino sock yarn in 24 Karat. It's such a nice gold color. It was yet another impulse buy because the color caught my eye. I'm trying to rely on what stimulates my eyeballs more so than just going for the blues and greens. I have too much blue yarn and I've noticed I've been moving more towards the green family lately. I need to branch out. And speaking of my stash, Ola just mentioned to me tonight about shooting my pictures in macro setting (it was like she was speaking Arabic to me) so I switched the setting (I don't know how I figured that out either) and my yarn looks so much more photogenic! I'm going to be going through my stash this weekend and have a photo shoot outside. Greg also said he would photograph some of my projects for me. YAY!

Uh oh, low battery. I'll have to write more (and add those pictures) tomorrow.

Good night!

No comments: